Missing page

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Missing page
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Schuree Myers on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

I have a question I can't figure out. I belong to a craft newletter which offers links to different projects. When I first got my computer I was able to click onto that link and retreve the information I wanted now I can not. I have even restored my HP Pavilion 6640 and still can not get the link. A sample of the link is http://ed.myfree.com/r/r.php?src=fcp696 . Can you help me. All I know about the computer is self taught. Thanks Schuree I hope this is the right place to ask this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 08:50 pm:

I tried that link, and it took me to a lot of ads, which re-appeared every time I closed them.

Do you get anything when you click, or ads like I did? And which version of Windows are you using (98, XP, etc)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Schuree Myers on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:55 pm:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
I am using 98SE. This is the message I get. Thanks for your time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Schuree Myers on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

I am still having this problem Can anyone help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 05:47 pm:

Have you changed the settings in IE? You could try Tools > Options, choose the "Security" tab, and then choose "trusted sites". You can add the address of the site you want to visit, so IE knows you want to go there. That might allow you to access the page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page