Help, search will not!!

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Help, search will not!!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ray G on Saturday, February 10, 2001 - 08:46 am:

Help, my wife's puter will not let her enter anything into search boxes. When she tries to type, nothing shows up. Have both AOL & CS and it affects both. Everything else works such as typing URLs etc. but will not allow her to do a search on any of them, such as Google or Yahoo.
machine is a 200 MMX with 32 megs of ram, win95, this happened about a year ago but can"t remember the fix. Thnx for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, February 10, 2001 - 06:59 pm:

Ray,

I have never heard of such a problem. So, if you go to websites, and try and type something in a blank, it doesn't work? Hmmm.... I dunno.

I will try and find some info on it, but offhand I haven't a clue.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

Ray:

Try connecting using AOL or compuserve. Then, minimize the program.

Next, start Internet Explorer by clicking on the E on the desktop. Try going to a site such as yahoo.com and typing something in the blank. If you can, try reinstalling the AOL/CS software.

I believe that they both function the same way... and that may mean that they use some of the same system files... I am not sure. But if IE can type in the blank, then something is wrong with the AOL/CS software. Both are built on top of IE, so they should work if IE works.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page