Ptsnoop

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Ptsnoop
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ole on Sunday, March 11, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

Who is this ominous character who insists on
keeping itself in my system? Removal of the
check mark necessitates re-start, and then IT's
Back Again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gary kendall on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

hi Ole, I was told by the guy who built my system that ptsnoop is the modem and when I defrag not to shut it down. hope that helps. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 04:57 pm:

RE PTSnoop:
PTSNOOP is a token program that waits for some program to request the COM port to be opened. Then it makes sure that the drivers get loaded. The total memory impact is less than one meg of RAM, for everything that the HSP software does, such as 56k modem software.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ole on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 09:52 pm:

For Gary and Catchup:
Appreciate your responses. Mind at ease, now.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page