I downloaded a program that looks something like this >{+|?:^ HELP!

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: I downloaded a program that looks something like this >{+|?:^ HELP!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 12:47 am:

Hi,
I downloaded what was supposed to be a simple diary and when it came up it was all these weird
symbols. I have the same problem sometimes with
e-mails I receive too. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about, or does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
Thank you,
Linda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 04:40 pm:

Anon;
It sounds to me like you're trying to view the source code of the progam you downloaded.

When you first saw the file after you downloaded it did it have a .exe extension?
If not then what?

The e-mail thing I'm not sure about??
Could be you are trying to read an e-mail that is in a foreign language or it was formatted with a font that you're e-mail program is not recognizing...

Could you elaborate on the problems a bit?

What e-mail client you use and that sort of stuff.

Cathcup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By LDWard on Sunday, August 05, 2001 - 12:43 am:

Dear Linda,
I agree with Cathcup on the downloaded program.
Check your file for an "prog".exe to open it.
As for the e-mail thing it sounds as if someone
sent you an HTML based e-mail that your reader
does not support. Not knowing what reader you
have it's hard to help, but try this, go to the "tools", click "options", if you have a send tab click that and check your "mail sending format" should have "html" and "plain text"
buttons "plain text" should be enabled if that is what you want, which is most common. HTML is used for all the fancy stuff you get in emails.
If you want to see what HTML looks like, click on the "view" tab and scroll to "source" click and there is HTML that created this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page