Have you tried NetCaptor?

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Have you tried NetCaptor?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, May 09, 2001 - 05:46 am:

I'm trying this at the moment - it's a stand alone program (they say), but it's a sort of front-end for IE. It opens windows as tabbed - a bit like Excel spreadsheet does, if you are familiar with that. So you can move between windows more easily, especially on an old machine like mine. It's also cured my IE5.5 problem - when on an "interactive" page like a forum, IE used to go back two pages. So I'd be typing away on this Add a message, then suddenly I'd be back at the main forum menu!

It won't work with my Alexa search bar though - I suppose you can't have everything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, May 09, 2001 - 10:23 am:

Dreuby:

I haven't ever heard of that. Cool that it fixed your probs...but I bet the reason you would go back 2 pages when you were typing was the "brilliant" feature Micro$oft built into IE which makes the Backspace button go Back pages.

So, if you accidentally click off the text message and then try to hit backspace.... it will take you BACK in your history. An absolutely amazing feature, huh?

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page