IE internal error problem

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Internet Explorer Headaches: IE internal error problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By arline on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 10:10 pm:

Hi All,

When I try to access the Windows Update site i get the usual "This progrm has performed an illegal operation" window pop up. Following this one I get "There is an internal error and one of your windows will be shut down"
When I look at details it says " IExplorer caused a divide error in module OLEAUT32.dll at 0167:6535223" plus a lot of other letters and numbers under that. Can anybody explain what it means, and how I can correct it.
Thanks a million.

Cheers,

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:33 am:

Arline:

Are you clicking the Windows Update link from your start menu, or are you actually navigating to a site through Internet Explorer?

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 07:31 am:

Hi Josh,

Tried both ways, but still get the same result each time.

Cheers

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 06:07 pm:

You tried:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ?

What version of IE are you using... you may need to reinstall IE.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 08:44 pm:

Hi Josh,

Yes I tried to use the address above but still get the error message. I am using IE5. I downloaded IE 5.5 from the windows update site a while ago but it caused a lot of conflicts on my pc so I removed it in add/remove programs and went back to IE5 about a month ago. I reinstalled IE5 again yesterday but still have the same error window coming up. Any ideas that could help?????/

Cheers

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

Hmmm....

Darn-it Arline, you always come up with hard problems. I was hoping it was some install conflict, especially when you said that you had 5.5 and uninstalled it. But if you reinstalled 5.0 and still get the error, that can't be the problem.

Once again, Arline, you have stumped me. You know, one day I am going to actually HELP you with a problem. Have you tried asking this in the clinic?

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 09:47 pm:

Josh,

rotfwtime,

Honest Josh, I just have this pc that has a will all of its own, and if it has you stumped, just have a guess what it does to me, (lol) oh well, it's back to the clinic then. I promice the next query will be an easier one.

Cheer up Josh, i'm laughing so much my ribs are hurting.

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 09:56 pm:

Ha... arline, you made me laugh. I can honestly say I have never heard "rotfwtime" before.

Well, I am sorry I couldn't be more assistance than to say "hey, look at the clinic." Next time, ask something like "hmmm, how do I turn on my computer" or something along those lines.... I will be sure to help! :)

Take care,

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom DeRosa on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 11:28 pm:

lately I been having problems with my Internet Explorer 5, everytime I close it, this error message pops up stating this program performed an illegal action and will be shut down. These are the details.....
IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in
module MSHTML.DLL at 017f:7ad6db70.
Registers:
EAX=02c03cf0 CS=017f EIP=7ad6db70 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0058e9fc EBP=02c03d2c
ECX=037a0920 DS=0187 ESI=02c03cb0 FS=4397
EDX=0058e901 ES=0187 EDI=02c03cb0 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 01 51 ff 50 08 eb f5 77 00 69 00 6e 00 64 00
Stack dump:
7adc1c48 02c03cf0 02c03cb4 7adc1f6a 02c03cb0 02c03cb4 bff7b98d 00000000 02c03cb0 7ad318f1 00000000 02c03cb0 015e0f90 7ad431a8 02c03cb0 01585098

Can anything be solved to stop this from continuing? Please get back to me if you have a solution, thank you.
Tom DeRosa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 08:04 am:

Hi Tom,

Go on over to :-

http://www.easy-files.com

and type the .dll file in the search box, you should be able to download it from there.

HTH

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom DeRosa on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 01:45 am:

Arline,
I downloaded the file from easy-files.com and its on my desktop. I just have one question to ask, which program do I open it with?

thanks, Tom DeRosa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By angel on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 05:14 am:

Have a problem with IE5.5 I can not access Links provided in my email messages mainly ones sent in subscriptions and some website Links as well are not functional, I did install IE6x from site before but since then have uninstalled it as it was giving me the same problems as IE5.5 before all this problem I had IE5 which worked good until a little while ago. I also frequently get error messages on my ISP's downloaded a script error fix but this did not help this problem any. Can anyone help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 03:56 pm:

hi,please can anyone help.when i try and enter into a game site in this case it,s yahoo pyramids,i get this error message......
error, a runtime error has occurred
do you wish to debug?
line 138
error:the callee(server(not server application)is not available and disappeared:all connections are invalid.
the call did not execute.

if anyone can help me please i would appreciate very much thank you, and if you can please try and make it idiot proof,as i have limited knowledge of my pc , thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim Hinck on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:40 pm:

Hi all,

Just want to know if anyone can help me out with a problem I am having with trying to get into PayPal. I use IE6.0. Every link, button, ect. that I click on to try to get into PayPal keeps giving me a "This Page Cannot Be Found" page. I get into all of my other pay sites with no problem. PayPal is the only one. I have money in my PayPal account that I can't access. Any help in this problem will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks all,
Jim Hinck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:57 pm:

My PayPal is OK - but I've just had to download Netscape to access Bravenet. I'd contact PayPal and tell them you're having problems - they may have had other users ask about this problem.

My IE is gradually disintegrating :(

Dianne Reuby
http://ww.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page