MSIE 5.5: how to empty the tempor. internet cache automatically

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: BROWSER RELATED: MSIE 5.5: how to empty the tempor. internet cache automatically
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CyberClown on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 02:31 pm:

Hey:
is there a trick to empty the temporary internet cache automatically every time I exit IE?
I'm kinda bored to do it always the slow way through control Panel...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

cyberclown,
Go to IE toolbar and click tools, next click internet options, next click the advanced tab and scroll down to security then put a check in box empty internet files folder when browser is closed. That should do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CyberClown on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 08:56 am:

Wow...
well, i guess i just didn't see it before...
Tanx for the hint, buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

I have IE 5.5 installed, but, unfortunately, every time I try to access it, I receive an error message "server not found, page unavailable". Can someone help me out with this?

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

First, make sure you are connected to the internet.

Second, start up IE. Click tools/internet options.

Click the Connections tab.

Click the setup connection button.

Follow the onscreen instructions.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page