Two temp. Internet files...why?

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Two temp. Internet files...why?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billdeedavid@home.com on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

How come I have two temp.Internet files in Windows explorer.I have the normal one named "temporary internet files" that I delete all my cookies from,but what is the "temp" file for?I don't want to delete anything in there because it has 12 some odd files in there and they are just full of crap.Can these be deleted safely?I have screwed up my computer before by deleting files and I do not want to go through that again.Any help you can give me I will be grateful for.
Thank you in advance.
Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 03, 2001 - 07:30 pm:

testing testing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Moore on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:09 am:

What does testing testing have to do with my question?

Sorry if I don't understand if this is an answer.
Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 10:04 am:

The temp folder is for temporary files. Anything in there can safely be deleted. They aren't needed for anything. Do this: Turn off your computer by shutting down normally. Then turn it back on. Now, go straight to the Temp folder, and delete all the "crap" as you call it.

The reason you go through the shutdown procedure is to make sure no temporary file is being used by some program when you delete it.

More files will be added to the Temp folder as you do stuff. Lots of programs use the Temp folder as "dumping grounds" for various reasons.

Hope this helps.

-Anonymous

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page