Getting a new Browser

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: BROWSER RELATED: Getting a new Browser
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Reload your browser  5   09/25 07:20pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 11:36 am:

With this newest virus,I-worm nimda, I learned from MSN that there are two patches for the 5.0 IE Browser that will block this new virus. Also IE 6.0 is not vulnerable. About two months ago I got an off lease HP W/O OS. Therefor I also bought Win98 SE full OEM. This move upgraded me from my old 33 Mhz, 1/2 Gig HD, to 333 Mhz, 12.5 Gig. I'v been learning a great deal with this upgrade but not nearly enough yet. My question: How do I get rid of my 5.0 IE Browser and put in the newer 6.0 IE Browser? I can go to msn.com and they have a 6.0 Browser. I am afraid of downloading one browser over top of the other, or is it an upgrade that is just added to the existing browser? My problem is that if I screw this up It's going to cost me 50 to $75.00 to have it fixed, as that is what it cost me when my browser on my old PC crashed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 12:01 am:

It will upgrade itself.

Simply go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie

Click the "IE 6.0 download" link, and then click the go button.... the window that pops up - say "Run from location". When downloaded, this file will run and then guide you through downloading and installing IE 6. It is setup to handle previous versions of IE being installed (since M$ doesn't allow the OS to run without IE, they have to do this), so you shouldn't have any problem with it.

Josh (posting periodically)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page