Program "Not Responding" Messages -- Ugh!!

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Program "Not Responding" Messages -- Ugh!!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Renee Pritchett on Friday, October 19, 2001 - 11:54 am:

I am having problems when surfing -- a page or pages will stop responding. The computer will not respond until I press Alt+Cntrl+Del. Then a box will appear and it will list the web page or program and say it is "Not Responding" (No Kidding! :o/ ).

Then I select "End Task". Another message box pops up that says it is "Not Responding". I choose "End Task" again and it closes that screen, but then I have some software programs that will not function properly after that until I reboot. This is happening several times EVERY DAY! Frustrating to say the least!

I am also having problems when I connect to the internet with the browser not bringing up any pages. I am connected, but I cannot view any pages. I usually have to reboot to correct this problem.

I am using Windows ME and IE 6.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions, PLEASE?

Thanks.

Renee

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page