Netscape Mail Alert Tone Help

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Netscape Mail Alert Tone Help
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Maria on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

Hi All, I recently got a "newer" computer and loaded my Netscape 4.7* browser from CD. On my "old" computer, when new mail was in, it played a tone and changed the arrow from yellow to green. On the new computer, the arrow changes but the tone does not sound. There is a place on the preferences window that says to check to play tone when mail arrives and I checked this thinking that was it. No difference. The computer makes all the usual sounds when windows starts up but I don't visit a lot of websites that have music so I don't know if that part works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 04:02 pm:

Maria,
You might want to try using the Netscape Mail Notification program. You can get to it by clicking on Start | Programs | Netscape Communicator | Utilities |Netscape Mail Notification. This will launch the application and you will see the icon in the lower right corner (next to your time). Just right click on the icon (looks like an envelope) and choose Options. Then put the dot next to "Play this sound" and browse to the sound file you want it to play when you get new messages.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page