Internet Explorer#6 won't function

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Internet Explorer Headaches: Internet Explorer#6 won't function
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Explorer does not remember any "favorites"  6   04/18 05:09am
Opening connections in internet explorer  1   09/10 06:38pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

I had increasing problems, with IE#5, not displaying many pages, so I uninstalled it, and downloaded IE6, now this one, won't even go to home page, or anyehere else, I just get the "page cannot be displayed" That microsoft site, is no help, at all. Any sugestions? Dawn,dawnmoya@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Millie on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

HI.. hAVE YOU SET A hOMEPAGE? iF NOT, GO TO CONTROL PANEL,CLICK AND THEN TO INTERNET OPTIONS AND SEE IF, AT THE TOP IF YOU HAVE A HOME PAGE SUCH AS YOUR AOL OR EARTHLINK HOME PAGE or Blank. If it says Blank or doesn't have one, see what the default page is by clicking on default. You can set this to open by typing in for example http://start.earthlink.net/ or same for aol or other, and make that your default. All of a sudden, my explorer is coming up with a different page first, after I click it off, then comes my correct homepage, somethings wrong, but, I do get it..hope this helps, let me know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

Beware the "homepage hijacker".

If what Millie has suggested does not correct your problem, I would recommend that you download Spybot Search and Destroy from the link below, tell it to check for problems, then have it fix everything in RED.

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10122137.html?part=104443&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Admittedly, this is only step one, but the hijackers are becoming "ubiquitous", and we can't rule out your symptoms a simply "system error".

Please let me know how you progress. Everyone should be able to enjoy the internet.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page