Local Settings query

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: BROWSER RELATED: Local Settings query
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:44 pm:

Hi,

I have a file in my pc at, C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Temp Internet Files.
What i would like to know is, is this file required because all cookies sent while i am on the internet are going into this file and are not cleaned out by disk cleanup.
Also in local settings is a file called Application Data, when clicked it has a Microsoft file, within that are 3 files, Forms, Internet Explorer and Outlook. Has anyone any idea if these are needed as all these files are also in C:\Windows.

Thanks in advance for any info you have that can help.

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 10:10 pm:

Arline,
Heres a tip I came across, hope this helps.

Automatically clearing your cache
If you're using Internet Explorer 5.x, you should know about a hidden feature that allows the browser to automatically clear its cache each time you close the program. To activate this feature, pull down the Tools menu and select the Internet Options command. When you see the Internet Options dialog box, select the Advanced tab and scroll down the Settings list box until you see the Security section. Then, select the Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed check box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 11:34 pm:

Hi Anon,

Thanks for the help, the temp internet files in C:\WINDOWS cleared but the one in C:\WINDOWS\local settings\temp internet files didn't.
If you have any more ideas i will gladly give them a try, thanks again.

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 01:30 am:

Arline,
Below is a link to a free program called Empty Temp Folders (emptemp). Use the tab Cookies, History, URLs. It is a great program to clean out all the trash that collected on your hard drive while you were surfing the internet.

The other tabs will clean out files on your hard drive. Please be careful what you delete.

http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 02:42 am:

Thanks Anon,

This link sure looks interesting, i will let you know how i get on, that is of course as long as i don't delete my pc altogether.

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 09:40 am:

Arline,
Your welcome, I've been using that program for quite awhile now and have not had any problems with it at all. Read the help files and you'll be OK.
Have Fun

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page