Viewing Webpage through Netscape

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Viewing Webpage through Netscape
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 09:55 pm:

Hi There
Have been building a web page with note Tab light
I can view my page through internet explorer ok. Have downloaded netscape 6 but I am unable to view my web page through it, can anybody out there help me.
Brett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By supernova7 on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 07:49 am:

I just had the very same problem...after downloading Netscape so I could view in both browsers my new (and very first) web page in NoteTad, I couldn't see it.

Then I started getting weird messages so I had to remove Netscape. Problem became worse and ended up having to reformat hard drive.

Is this normal? Just trying to view in both browsers as adviced. Was told at Notetad that I had to select "other broswer" option in Options - but where is it and how?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:30 am:

Hi,
Try this, open Note Tab light, next click on View, next click Options.
Click on the Internet Tab, next under main browser click the small box with the 3 dots on it and locate which ever your main browser is either Netscape or Internet Explorer, (this will be located in the program files folder)within the IE or Netscape folder look for the Netscape.EXE file or the Internet Explorer.EXE Highlight the exe file, next click the open button, do the same for your other broswer. when done click OK.
Now when you want to view your web page click on Tools and select view in browser or other browser.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 05:52 pm:

Hi

I have done all off the above, clicked options etc..,but when I click on other browser netscape does open, but it opens on their homepage and not my webpage that I'm building any ideas.

Brett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 07:24 pm:

Brett,
The only other thing I can think of right now is to set Netscape to open to a blank page.

On netscape tool bar click on Edit, click on Preferences, then highlight Navigator, put a tick in Navigator starts with Blank Page, Click OK.

Maybe this will help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:21 pm:

Hi There

Have just tried the above, but unfortunately without success. It can be frustrating at times, anymore help would be welcomed.

Brett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By supernova7 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:38 pm:

Hey there, this is supernova7 and I also have been having a lot of trouble trying to view my web page through both browsers (Netscape 6.2 and I.E. 6.0) using NoteTadStd.

I've done everything I could find on this entire forum but still couldn't get to open in Netscape 6.2 through NoteTade.

I tried everything but the one thing I always do - PRAY!

Right after praying I went to Netscape 6.2, opened it up from the desktop (NOT NOTETAD) and when it opened on the start page, I did the following...

Went up to file menu on tool bar and clicked -"open file". Then I clicked on my file which I had saved on the A Drive and there it was!

Thank You Jesus! Let me know of any other ways to do this thing ...Be Blessed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By supernova7 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

Hey there, in case anyone cares, after using Netscape 6.2 for a 24 hour period without any seeming flaws (a bit too slow perhaps), I started up first thing in the morning and nothing worked.

1-Eudora couldn't find the host server
2-I.E. couldn't display page....
3-Netscape couldn't find its own homepage (although it was opened up to it).
4-Computer was frozen and had to power down, wouldn't respond to "alt,delete,control".

This reminded me of my previous experiences with Outlook Express and Hotmail- H-O-R-R-O-R-S and never again.

By now, I've learned this much as a Newbie, when all else fails, "GET IT OFF".

Netscape had pretty bad reviews on Epinions.com but I thought maybe with 6.2 it had improved, well, maybe not for my computer anyway.

Now, everything seems find after cleaning my "C" drive and removing Netscape 6.2 from it.
Thank You Jesus once again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:39 pm:

Heh... that's really odd that you had so many problems with it.

My guess is that when the setup program ran, you hit next on a dialog box that had some checkmarks in it for changing things. Whenever installing any program you have to be careful just exactly what it is going to do.

I haven't messed with NS 6.2, but I use Mozilla 0.9.8 quite frequently from home, and I've never had a problem. In fact, it runs more stable than IE 6. NS 6.2 is built off mozilla...and they added and changed some of the code, which caused NS6.X to be bloated and problematic.

My point to all that is, be careful when you install a program as to what you say it should do. If you still want to check cross-browser compatibility, use Mozilla instead of NS.
http://www.mozilla.org

Hope that helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By supernova7@ureach.com on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 07:21 am:

Thanks Josh:

I'll try Mozilla and see what happens. Is this a web site where I can view my site through different browsers or is Mozilla a separate web site...never mind, you've got more people that need help.

I'll try Mozilla and go there. God Bless!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page