Browser closes when I click a link from an email message- Help!

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Browser closes when I click a link from an email message- Help!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Debra on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 01:51 am:

Hi :)

I downloaded the Internet Explorer/ Outlook Express 6 recently. Sometime after that I noticed that when I click a link in an email message, an error message comes up that MS IE has experienced a problem and will be closed (don't remember the exact message.) It also gives me a choice of sending an error report to Microsoft. Clicking links from websites do not cause a problem. I have TRIED to find info about it on the MS website- it is just about impossible for me! Has anyone heard of this problem before??? Thank you for any help/ advice! --- DLR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 04:45 am:

I have had a similar problem with IE6. Here is what corrected it for me. Go to start/settings/control panel/add-remove program, scroll down to MSIE6, select it (1 click), click on add/remove, that will bring up a window with options, put a dot in the radio button by "Repair", let it do the repair work and re-start. That fixed it for me.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page