|By Lynn Hickerson on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:22 pm:|
Help! I have a manuscript that I can't get to number sequentially. I followed the the directions on the microsoft support site and it still numbers every page with either *page* or *page*1 . I have Windows 95 with Microsoft works 4.0. I was told to call my comupter manufacturer, who told me there is no over the phone support of windows 95 anymore.
The directions I got off the support site were as follows:
1. Place curser in the header or footer of the document.
2. On the INSERT menu, click PAGE NUMBER.
3. On the FILE menu, click PAGE SETUP. Click OTHER OPTIONS tab.
4. select NO HEADER ON FIRST PAGE, or NO FOOTER ON FIRST PAGE, as appropriate.
5. in the STARTING PAGE NUMBER text box, type "0" and click OK.
That's as far as it went and it didn't work.
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|