Hanging when on the internet

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Hanging when on the internet
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tipsy_nz on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 08:05 am:

How do i stop this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 06:09 pm:

How are you connecting to the net? Do you dial up, or are you connected all the time?

What happens - do you get an error message, or just disconnect?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 11:52 pm:

I cannot figure out what is going on with my computer's internet connection. I am running windows 2000 Pro, I am hooked up to high speed internet service from my local telephone company. I have an Ethernet card installed in my tower. Now the problem is, every 3 hours my email and explorer shut down. I can still use the yahoo messenger service and msn messenger but I cannot receive or send mail or surf. I have to restart my computer to activate these programs. I have check all my setting to make sure there is no timer anywhere. I have tried a different Ethernet connection and it still cut off. It's like only a part of it cuts off and I am really confused and frustrated with it. My service provider told me it may be the Norton 2003 which I have installed. They got me to uninstall it and try it without virus protection and it still went off. So, I reinstalled it and here I am asking for your opinion. Please try to figure this out if it is possible.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page