CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN PROGRAMS & FILES, USING ADOBE ACROBAT READER PDF, VERSION 5.1

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN PROGRAMS & FILES, USING ADOBE ACROBAT READER PDF, VERSION 5.1
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Can't find AcroRd32.exe.  2   09/30 02:56am
Register problems with various software and Dll files  1   09/28 01:37pm
Register problems with various software and Dll files  1   09/28 01:39pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David Levin on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 01:31 am:

Hello,

I'm a new Newbie on the block with a perplexing question to put to the Forum at large.

This is the story in a large nut shell: I installed software from a CD Disk that contains 4 Pinball Games, which also comes with pertenent Instructions & a Manual on how to operate these games. Since it required that I install the Adobe System in order to open & read all these things & also to display the Graphics, etc., contained in these games, I did that as well.

Now, I'm at a complete loss as to how to satisfactorily & successfully open & use this Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF, Version 5.1 System to accomplish all this. I guess its' Help Section may have a way of opening programs & files, but I'm not at all sure.

My Computer uses Microsoft Windows 98, Version 6.0.

I'm a confused Newbie to be sure. Could someone please enlighten & walk me through the required process ! ? !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deb Slatterie on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

David, I hope you got this worked out by now. For the benefit of anyone else reading this who might have the same question, try this: Acrobat files (.pdf) are meant to open the Reader automatically when the filename is clicked on. Try double-clicking any .pdf file and it should open right away. You can also double click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader program icon and then open files by going to File - Open and finding the .pdf file you want to open on your hard drive or diskette, CD, etc.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page