Screens are 'fuzzy' after setting different pixel sizes

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Screens are 'fuzzy' after setting different pixel sizes
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 11:20 pm:

Hi,
Using Windows 98 and right-clicking to access Properties and Settings I changed from 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600 and then to 1280 x 1024 and finally back to 1024 x 768. On returning to the latter I find that a JPEG and a GIF image and the Microsoft folder icon and maybe all other displays are now less clear - there seem to be too many dots. Does anyone know what’s happened and what I need to do to put it right, please?
Thanks, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

Most likely, your monitor couldn't display at the higher resolution using the same color resolution. So, it downgrades. When you switch back, it doesn't upgrade to the previous settings.

Open the display properties.

On the settings tab, make sure the color resolution is set at 16-bit or 32-bit color. That should fix the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mike Davey on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 10:36 pm:

For Josh Lowe
What can I say? Magic, it worked! Many thanks.
Mike

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page