|By Robert Leggett on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 10:37 am:|
After extensive experimentation - short of re-formatting my hard drive (NOT an option) - I have focused on ONE event.
1) Never had problem connecting to ADSL at boot-up time.
2) Something happened to system????
3) NOW - the only way to conect to ADSL is to first dial up an ISP (must be connected = cannot just dial and hang-up),
4) Hang up about 10 seconds later after ZoneAlarm indicates no traffic flowing.
5) Now I'm connected to ADSL.
I'm using Gateway Pentium II, IE, Win98, AdAware and Norton SystemWorks.
Is this a hardware problem with my NetGear card?
Is this a software problem with a corrupted file or missing file. (Sometimes when re-installing software, if it "sees" some file already there - corrupted or not - it doesn't re-install that particular file.)
Thank you for tendering what is likely a very simple solution.
( http://www.EarnYourLiving.com )
|By email@example.com on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:11 pm:|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|