ADSL - Have to access DIAL-UP - then hang up to connect to ADSL

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: ADSL - Have to access DIAL-UP - then hang up to connect to ADSL
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert Leggett on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 10:37 am:

After extensive experimentation - short of re-formatting my hard drive (NOT an option) - I have focused on ONE event.

1) Never had problem connecting to ADSL at boot-up time.
2) Something happened to system????
3) NOW - the only way to conect to ADSL is to first dial up an ISP (must be connected = cannot just dial and hang-up),
4) Hang up about 10 seconds later after ZoneAlarm indicates no traffic flowing.
5) Now I'm connected to ADSL.

I'm using Gateway Pentium II, IE, Win98, AdAware and Norton SystemWorks.

Is this a hardware problem with my NetGear card?

Is this a software problem with a corrupted file or missing file. (Sometimes when re-installing software, if it "sees" some file already there - corrupted or not - it doesn't re-install that particular file.)

Thank you for tendering what is likely a very simple solution.

Best regards,

Robert Leggett
( http://www.EarnYourLiving.com )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yxs6f47@mail.com on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:11 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page