Digital Picture Viewing

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Digital Picture Viewing
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Guy Chatterton on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

I recently installed the software for a Fujifilm Fine Pix 1300 digital camera and inadvertently made Apple Viewer my default picture viewer. I have gone into (Win 98) add/remove programs and removed this Apple program, or so I thought. I can view pictures that are emailed to me with the Apple program but I can't just click on a picture to view it. I am still only able to attempt to open a jpg file with this same Apple program. Apparently, even though I can't locate it, this Apple program is still trying to be my default viewer of digital pictures. Please help me to get back to normal(Win 98 viewer). Desperately trying to view my collection of pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

You could try changing the file association. Shift-right click on a file, and choose "Open with" then scroll through until you find the program you want to use (Win98 viewer). Make sure "Always use this program to open these files" is ticked (checked) and click OK.

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Guy Chatterton on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 11:07 pm:

Thank you.
I tried to use the Win 98 viewer and received a message saying that it cannot be found. The exe file is missing. Any ideas on how to locate the missing file for the viewer? I was able to change to paint and can now view the pictures. Can this missing file be reinstalled from my Win 98 CD? Can I reinstall Win 98 without changing anything else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 10:24 am:

You may be able to re-install just that program from your Win98 CD, if you choose "Custom install", then select just that program.

Your digital camera software may have removed the Win98 viewer in favour of its own viewing software. Have you checked what the software includes? It may have a viewer which you can use if you don't want to try re-installing parts of Windows.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page