Unreachable Programs on Start Menu

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Unreachable Programs on Start Menu
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 10:59 am:

Have Win XP OS. I have added many new programs since I acquired this system. So many, infact, that there are 5 columns of programs, 2 of which I cannot see and read because they are off the screen to the right!
Does anyone know if you can scroll the StartMenu program screen so as to pull these 2 "Lost" columns to the left onto the screen for reading?
Any help appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Francesco on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

Hi, I have the same question for You.
I have a lot of application installed and when I use the option Start/Programs I can see ONLY 4 column with the applications name. Well this list is until letter "N" and all other application are not there.
I have a flat video with 15 inch.
Temporarly I solve the problem using the option
Start/Proprierty/Personalize/Advanced/Scroll Programs menu

Do You know if there is a solution in order to reduce the size of the 4 column in order to get the complete list of installed applications ?

Thanks
Francesco Schino (from Italy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:01 pm:

You can use themes - some use smaller font sizes than the standard Windows XP theme, so more fits in. But it can be hard to find them, and some have caused me problems.

Instead, I have made extra folders in which I group programs together - for example a graphics folder which holds all my graphics programs. This takes up less space on the menu.

To do this, right-click on start, and choose properties. Choose "classic mode" and then "customize". This gives an Explorer box where you can add folders and move things around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Francesco on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 02:49 pm:

The solution given by Dreuby for me its not
working, I would like to found others.
Some others users can help me ?
Thanks
Francesco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By crezzy_man on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 12:24 am:

you could just start deleting the crap you dont use out of your start menu.. Rt-Click>Delete

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page