Does anyone know?

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Running too many programs: Does anyone know?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Laura on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

I am running Windows ME and my resources are at 7 percent now. When I click on Ctrl., Alt., Delete the program box has all of these programs listed:
Logitech Desktop Messenger Agent, Explorer, Ccapp, Weather, Save, Iw, Mmonwow, Hbinst, Em_exec, Itouch, Msnmsgr, Ghoststarttrayapp, Loadgm, Rundll32, Imgicon, Adusemon, Lxsupmon, Hpgs2wnf, Hpgs2wnd, Gamechannel, Directcd, Osd, Notmon, Systray, Lexpps, Nprotect, Csinject, Ghoststartservice, Mdm, Csinsm32, Hp_finder, Delayrun. Do I need all of these programs in this box? Which one do I need for my computer and how do I get rid of the rest? All help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 03:35 pm:

You need Explorer and Systray (that's windows system) and rundll32.

Msnmsgr is MSN messenger, DirectCd is for Cd writing I think, Lexpps sounds like a lexmark printer. Basically you can shut down one program at time, and see if your PC works OK. If it does, remove that program from the start-up, and just run it when you need it. You can also look in windows Explorer for directories that match the name sof some of these programs, and see if theres a reademe or help file telling you about it.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page