System sound problems

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: No speaker sound: System sound problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Heron Glass on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:24 am:

Sometimes my computer has sound, other times it sounds like a stuck record -- occasionally I get an error message that says something about running setup but I can't figure out which setup it means. Someone told me it's the driver but which one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 03:26 pm:

Could be your sound card. If you look in control Panel, at Audio/Sound devices, it should tell you what your card is. Then you can do a search for the company online and see if they've produced a later driver. If you still have the original disks with the driver on, you could reinstall the driver first to see if that helps.

If it's a seperate card, rather than a sound chip fixed to the motherboard ("onboard sound"), it could be coming out of its slot. It can be re-seated easily, but you need to know what you're doing, or you could kill your PC with static electricity!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 09:34 pm:

I have had this same problem for months......when i click on ANY site that has music on it my computer freezes up completely and i have to hit the re-start button.......i have up-graded my drivers for my sound card and checked that the card is seated properly but all to no avail......any advice would be gratefully recieved.......

Many thanks.....

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page