How can I get out of MS-DOS Compatibility Mode?

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Low Resources:: How can I get out of MS-DOS Compatibility Mode?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RichardP on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 10:15 pm:

After being shut down by a Blaster virus, I wiped the 'C' Drive and reinstalled Win98SE OS. Was able to get up and running after a lot of effort. Fortunately most of my Data files were on the
'D' drive and were still intact (and virus free).

Noticed that Resources were extremely low and eventually found that both 'C' and 'D' drives were running in MS-Dos compatibility mode.

Searched the MS site for help, but trying their cure didn't solve the problem. Is there a simpler and less confusing instruction somewhere that will help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
RichardP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:09 pm:

See if this site is a bit simpler.

(I found the MS Site, but my lack of a graduate degree in engineering seemed to get in the way
:-))

http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/msdos-compatibility.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RichardP on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:22 am:

Thanks for directing me to this site.
It's certainly easier to read, maybe
even easier to do.

Now, I have to work up enough courage
to mess with my Registry... always very
intimidating to me.

Really appreciate your advice.
RichardP

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page