Can't find AcroRd32.exe.

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN PROGRAMS & FILES, USING ADOBE ACROBAT READER PDF, VERSION 5.1: Can't find AcroRd32.exe.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joyce on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

Hi All: I have Windows 98 and have Acrobat Reader 5.0. I downloaded a book and placed it on my desktop. Upon clicking onto it, drop-down box says: "Windows cannot find AcroRd32.exe. This program is needed to open files of type 'zip file'." It asks for: "Location of AcroRd32.exe" and has a box for me to fill in. Well, IF I KNEW that, my problem may be solved, but I don't know where it is! Please reply soon as I've been all over the net asking & no one seems to be knowledgeable. I had Acrobat Reader 3.0 previously and have downloaded 5.0 TWICE, thinking that would help, but still not. How do I get this AcroRd32.exe back in service. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:56 am:

Dis you completely uninstall all Acrobat software before reinstalling? This would be the first thing to try.

I have scanned some of my resources, and this is NOT a common problem; in fact, I will have to resort to "translate this page" options if I'm going to search any further. :-)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page