Internet problems logging in to 'Page 2' of WEbsites.

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Internet problems logging in to 'Page 2' of WEbsites.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Abdulrahim Abdullah on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:38 pm:

I have a question that has been bugging me for some time.
I am using Internet Explorer 5.5 as my browser, & Windows 98.

On infrequent occassions, I will come across a site that I can't access correctly.

It may be a public access site ( e.g. www.singnet.com.sg) or a site that I am a member( I have received authorisation email, password etc.).

With Singnet, my friend was trying to get her email from my computer. We typed in the URL, Singnet's front page loaded, we scrolled down to "MY COMMUNICATOR", hit the button to load the next page etc.

Everything seemed OK, the "processing blue bar filled", the word "DONE" came into the grey LH bottom of that IE page, the address of the next page came into the address bar on the top of Internet Explorer, but, NOTHING HAPPENED ( it obviously worked properly, but nothing was VISIBLE)!!

This happens on 2 or 3 sites ( so far), but when it does, it's most aggravating, HELP, PLEASE.

Abdulrahim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 03:37 am:

The easiest thing to do first is, when this annoyance occurs, immediately hit the refresh icon.

I do have this happen, as well, and I think it is often a "glitch" more than anything else.

Give it a try, then please let us know if it helped or not.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page