What have I done????? PLZ RSPND ASAP/ I'LL WAIT!

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: What have I done????? PLZ RSPND ASAP/ I'LL WAIT!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kathleen on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

I had gotten an error message, I think it was a script error, whatever was running closed. I don't have icons on my desktop, I keep them in the start menu. I waited for my bottom toolbar to reappear but it didn't. Nothing happened when I right-clicked or left-clicked anywhere on the screen. I rebooted several times to no avail. When I tried Safe-mode, all I got was a grey screen, so I was unable to do a Restore. I have Windows ME. I resorted to starting the computer back up with a start-up disk. I'm back on line but the start-up disk is a year old and I can't get any of my downloaded programs to work that I have installed in the last year. My question is this: HOW DO I GET TO MY PROGRAMS AND MAKE THEM WORK AGAIN? How do i reinstall drivers? Do I have to repurchase my downloaded programs and start over? Isn't all that info still on the hard-drive and how do i get to it? BTW, I can't do a restore successfully either.
Kathy in a lot of trouble!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

Kathy, I have very little knowledge of ME, so I am going to suggest that you go to one of my favorite tech forums and post you situation there.

There is actually a Windows ME section that you can post in.

Here's the link:

http://www.techsupportforums.com/

Would you let us know how it turns out?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page