I deleted instead of uninstalling and now i need to fix a problem

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Registry Editor: I deleted instead of uninstalling and now i need to fix a problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 10:23 am:

i have windows xp and i have a problem. Whenever i start my computer i get a message that windows cannot find a certain programme ,this is because i deleted this programme, as i couldnt uninstall it.i need to know where to go to fix this problem ...Please help...Marilynn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

I think the link below will help you. Please let us know how you are coming along.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 03:01 am:

no i dont think this link can help.i think its the start -up menu that i need to get to so i can delete the name of the programme that i deleted so the computer/windows doesnt search for it every time i turn it on.marilynn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 03:35 am:

Cannot Find File; Check to Ensure Path and Filename Are Correct
This message is caused when Windows tries to execute applications listed on the Run= or Load= lines in the WIN.INI file.

The above error can be caused by one of the following situations:

The path to the executable file is invalid (it is misspelled or does not exist).
The file has been deleted.
Either the Load= or Run= line has exceeded the 128-character limit. In Windows 3.1, you can use the StartUp group feature to avoid this limitation.
There is more than one space between the items on the Load= or Run= line. For example, there are two spaces between the applications on the following Load= line: Load=c:\windows\AppOne.exe AppTwo.exe
^^

i found this on a site but it doesnt say how to fix the problem .marilynn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 11:20 pm:

I use W200, not XP, but the architecture will be close.

Go to my computer, left click and then click on whichever drive is your hard drive (mine is "C").

Click on the folder "Documents and Settings". There will probably be two folders there, one for "all users" and one for yourself (more folders if there are more accounts on the machine).

Open each folder, left click the "start menu" and look for the program that you want. Delete it.

Let me know if this works for you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 05:41 am:

sorry! i have tried that it's not in there.I even installed a registry cleaner and it couldnt get rid of it.i have run searches and i cant find it. it is a silly programme that didn't come with a uninstal and it wouldnt show up in my programs when i went to the uninstall program in control panel, so i just deleted the files.The program is called afterdark adinit disney screensaver.
Marilynn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

I'm ready to believe that a repair of XP is in order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:15 am:

There has to be a way to remove any reference to this deleted programme from my computer...please...... anyone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marli35 on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 06:35 am:

someone ?????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Alrighty then! Take your problem to the site below. There's a lot of folks there who know a lot more than I.

http://216.7.168.236/

(By the way, they are in the process of switching servers, so that's why the numbers, and not the name).

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page