AVG antivirus not working

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: AVG antivirus not working
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pam Archer on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 04:11 pm:

I use AVG antivirus FREE version. It has suddenly lost its capability of scanning all files. It gets to about 4000 and freezes up. Nothing short of RESTART makes it go again. Normally it scans over 20,000 files and then gives me the option of what to do with the viruses found. I've tried to contact AVG, but they do not have free support for the free version of AVG antivirus. Hope someoe can help me.
Pam in Waco, TX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 06:30 pm:

Make sure all your other programs are closed - look down by the clock to make sure that there's nothing running in the background that you've forgotten about.

You could also try reinstalling AVG (if you have the install file - if not, you could download it again and then reinstall).

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page