XP Won't Complete Boot (loops)

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: XP Won't Complete Boot (loops)
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tkirkpatrick on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 01:17 pm:

My friend bought a used computer (homemade) that doesn't have back-up data (discs or otherwise) for the XP software (home edition).
The computer starts to boot but the screen with message inidicating 'windows had a problem during boot' displays and has several options to proceed (finish, use last known good configuration, safe mode, etc). Using any of the options results in the computer coming back to the same point, won't go into safe mode or any other mode. I can get into set-up mode but don't see any help there.
Is there a download (boot disc, etc?) that would allow bypassing this scenario so I can troubleshoot the system or any other options besides buying new operating software?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 12:14 am:

If you have a xp pin # you can simply use a dell recovery disk, the later ones come with xp and they do not check for hardware.. probably cheaper than buying xp also

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page