16, 32, 256....True Color I'M SO CONFUSED!

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: 16, 32, 256....True Color I'M SO CONFUSED!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AZ_KAT on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 01:58 am:

I have a fairly new comp.(6 months) and have had nothing but trouble with my monitor. 3 times its gotten turned off and then won't turn back on again. when it finally does my color display settings are all messed up. I started out using 256 then a friend changed it to 32....Well now my friend is gone and it changed itself back to 16.the only other option is 2....What happened to my 32 True color and why can't I get it back??? Please help!!!! I'm A "Wallpaper Junkie" and none of those images I spent so long downloading look any good now....Also any idea why the monitor might be doing this?????
Thanks AZ_KAT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:09 am:

Az Kat

Sounds to me like you have a loose video/graphics card - a common problem with sloppy maunufacturing. You'll need to open up your pc and check that everything is seated firmly. Make sure you discharge any static electricity before you touch anything. You can do this by touching an earthed piece of metal (e.g. a radiator) or by buying an anti-static strap from your pc store.

If anything seems loose, simply push it home.

Cheers

Jamie

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page