Netsetter.com

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: KERNEL 32.DLL problem: please help: Netsetter.com
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bonnie on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 03:11 am:

I have installed netsetter.com, and my computer hasnt run right since I downloaded it.
I have tried everything I know to disable it but cant find a way, Please help me I have spent two days now trying to find this thing to delete it, I just dont know where to look anymore. Thank you so much for your time.Bonnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 04:05 am:

Bonnie:

Click start/settings/control panel. Double-click Add/remove programs. Scroll in the list till you find the netsetter software, then click once on it. Click the Add/remove button below the list. It will ask if you are sure to remove it. Say "yes".

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bonnie on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 05:05 am:

Thanks Josh, but that didnt work, it is not there but everytime I try to go to another browser this page comes up that says wrong url or proxy server and it list Microsoft Proxy Server V2.0 and below that is Proxy Server: cssjcprx08.sjc.netsetter.com I cant seem to go to any page that this does not come up even the newbie club. I just dont know what else to do or who to call about this maybe I pushed or deleted something I shouldnt have but I sure need some help, and I thank you so much for your fast reply and I am still sitting here trying to figure it out. Thanks again Bonnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

Bonnie:

thanks for the additional info. Sometimes, just a little more can help out a lot.

Do this:

Right-click on the blue 'e' on the desktop and go to properties. Click the connection tab. Click the "Lan Settings" button at the bottom of the window.

Make sure "Use a Proxy Server" is NOT checked.
I am betting that is where the problem lies.

Click OK, then click apply/ok.

Restart your web browser....things should work now without the error message.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Ziegler on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:08 pm:

Hey, Josh Lowe and Bonnie, I need your help please!

I have the same Netsetter problem that Bonnie had and reported via this forum last August of 2001.

Josh, I tried to follow your last directions to her from Friday, August 10, 2001 @ 2:34pm, but my desktop doesn't show this blue "e", and I wasn't sure how to proceed.

My ISP Tech Support isn't much help, and barring a resolution from some kind soul from here, I maybe forced to retain a software consultant to resolve this problem once and for all.

If either of you see this, kindly respond to me via this forum, or to my persoanl email @ email{gziegler@globaldsl.net}.

I will be eternally grateful and shout your praises to all that will listen!

Regards,

Gary Ziegler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 04:57 pm:

Gary, what version of windows are you using?

I'm not familiar with this program at all, but is it a web accelerator? Perhaps you downloaded it to speed up your internet connection?

At any rate, try this:

Start/run/ type in 'msconfig' without the quotes and hit enter. Click the startup tab.

Make sure nothing related to netsetter is checked, if it is, uncheck it. Hit ok. It will prompt you to restart, go ahead.

Start up your browser and see if you still have the problem.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Ziegler on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 05:28 pm:

Josh:

I'm still on Windows 95. This problem is on my home computer, so since I'm writing this at work, I'll try these directions tomorrow at home.

Yes, you're right. Netsetter is considered to be an "accelerator" type of program, but I do not remember downloading it specifically.

I've had this problem for six months, and I'm only now getting around to resolving it!

Thx!

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gziegler on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 05:10 pm:

Josh:

I tried your 9/27 directions, but to no avail. It comes up "Cannot find the file MSCONFIG (or one of its components). Make sure the path & file name are correct and that all required libraries are available."

Any other suggestions?

Gary

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page