Messed up Display settings,HELP!

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Messed up Display settings,HELP!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vickie on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 03:19 am:

I need to know if there is a shortcut(on keyboard) or anywhere, to reset the settings in the Display section? I had to reconfigure the size from 640x480 pixels to 800x600 for software I downloaded. Since I knew that everything would be small, I changed the font size to large. Then I went in to change it back to the 640x480 and didn't change the font size. Now I can't change anything because the popup boxes are too large for my screen and I can't see or click on the apply button or the ok button. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank You, Vickie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

Vickie:

You will need to boot in safe mode.

Turn your computer on. Once it seeks the floppy drive (you will hear the beep sound), start pressing the F8 key. Continue to press this until you get a startup menu. If you get the "now starting windows 9x/me" then you didn't press soon enough, you need to restart and try again.

When in the boot menu, press 3 (i think) to go into safe mode. This will boot your computer using 640x480 display. Go into your display options and change your font size back to original size (10pt).

Restart.

Josh (posting randomly, periodically, and inconsistantly.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jetty on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 04:04 am:

To Save Settings if you can't get to the Apply or
OK tab, Press Alt + A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Collyn on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:26 pm:

Hi, my display is set to 640x480 as well. But when i try to increase the screen size the little bar won't slide. Please help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

That might mean that your display (video) card doesn't support anything except 640x480 ... but it would have to be a very old one, so it probably isn't that!

Or it could be a problem with the video driver - make sure you've got the latest one.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page