System Resources Drop, Won't Regain Until Restart

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: HP Scanner/Lamp Patch - Lamp Turn-Off: System Resources Drop, Won't Regain Until Restart
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Scott Deaver on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 09:41 pm:

Can some body help me? My resources drop constantly over a period of an hour to three to the point that I have to restart. (50-60% resources after that amount of time). Downloading, Internet gaming, and even offline work all have varied effects on my resources but I still need to restart very often. My Compaq is still under warranty but after two dozen phone calls they have not come up with viable a solution. I have nearly all my startups shut down except the bear necessities. I also am running the cursed ME platform. I have also done a complete system restore on this computer 5 times. After the restore it runs well for about a month then starts going down hill again until I can hardly use it then I do a complete restore again. MORE IN THE NEXT POST.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Scott Deaver on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 09:42 pm:

CONT FROM PREV POST: Someone told me that Compaq's System manager was the whole problem and that I should get rid of any files etc that has anything to do with compaq. Could this be my solution, or does somebody have another idea. I have been in touch with compaq so much I have had an open case number with them for 6 months. By the way this computer came out of the box in this condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Scott Deaver on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 09:54 pm:

CONTINUED AGAIN: It's almost as if a very large program is running all that time and as it takes resources it never gives them back. I have done nearly every kind of tweak imaginable. Alot of the time I even turn off my System Tray, Hideserv, all but the explorer and a few... I mean maybe 4... select system run programs and my resources will be at 97%. Get online for 30 min and resources will be in the low 70's, where then it will creep down only to hang me up. I know this is lengthy but nobody has been able to help me. HELP PLEASE!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page