WHAT TO DO ABOUT STUPID POP-UP ADS ON THE INTERNET?????PLEASE HELP

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: WHAT TO DO ABOUT STUPID POP-UP ADS ON THE INTERNET?????PLEASE HELP
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
No response from Newbie support  1   07/22 09:31am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dee on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 08:33 pm:

PLEASE HELP WHAT COULD I DO BECAUSE WHEN I GO ON THE INTERNET POP-UP ADS POP UP CONSTANTLY!!!!HELP PLEASE!!
thanks for any info. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suetoo on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 06:55 am:

It's the sites you go to. But, there is a free program you can get called popup killer. just go to cnet.com and go to the downloads area and enter popup into the search.

there will b lots of different programs, but look for popup killer for free, I found it to be the easiest to setup & control.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ann hodder on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 05:03 am:

I find that Pop Up Stopper from Panicware.com is the best and easiest pop up ad stopper to use, and I have tried many. It is free to download from their site and also from ZDNet.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lisa m. george on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 05:21 am:

I am a newbie club affiliate I posted a email requesting help for a new ad campaigne the email was about pasteing a code into My affiliate sites HTML. The marketing firm request I remove the popup/alerts from My web page because it disrupts the surfers browsing experience, ExitExchang Network refuse to give Me any hits until the popup/alerts are removed since it violates our agreement. Is there any way the popups can be removed and replaced with pop unders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lance on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 01:16 am:

Switch to using Firefox as your browser:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
There is an extension available for Firefox called Popups Must Die! (appropriate is it not?). This site has the link (and instructions) of how to obtain and install it into Firefox extensions:
http://tinyurl.com/8og6w

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page