How do i get rid of a programme in start up

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: How do i get rid of a programme in start up
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Unwanted programs  2   09/30 02:46am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevin williams on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:11 pm:

I think I have a virus. Web sites will not load, due to the fact that an extra "www" is added in address, and also sometimes a site ends in "co.uk.com" or suchlike.
The only thing that looks suspicious is something called "Script" in start-up, but am unable to delete permanently. Therefore at present I get rid of it tempoarrily by using CTRL/ALT/DELETE and then end Task.
Anybody heard of this before and how you dispose of it forever, seems like a virus to me.
Thanks
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 11:27 pm:

Kevin:
Are you still having start-up problems? Go to 'Start', hit 'Run' then type in msconfig this will bring up your system configuration utility from there hit 'Start' and uncheck the parts you don't want starting up when you begin your day. The other side is going into settings and hitting control panel and add/remove programs.
Hope this isn't to late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patricia on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 03:02 pm:

Hi All,
I'm running windows 2000 Pro, I can't find a msconfig. Do I have that on my pc?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page