Desktop border black.

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Desktop border black.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 08:36 pm:

Can someone tell me how to correct this please, or what I've done for this to happen. Both sides and the bottom of my desktop are black.

I also can't view the taskbar when I have any window or website open, unless I minimize that window and then the taskbar comes into view.

Thanks,
Dolly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 11:04 pm:

Dolly, you have your taskbar set on "auto-hide".

To change this, first you need to see your taskbar. If you bring your mouse down to the bottom of your screen, it should pop up. If it doesn't, hit that little windows key on your keyboard between ctrl and alt.

Once you click on start, go to settings, then click on "taskbar and start menu".

Uncheck the box that says "auto-hide", then click OK. Presto...start menu should be back to normal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolly Wilson on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 01:10 am:

Josh,

Even though I don't have that little Windows key, I was smart enough to get to the taskbar and start menu, and the box you mentioned for auto hide isn't checked.

I'm not sure what I should do next, but I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Dolly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Charles on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 07:39 am:

Dolly, what GUI are you using? eg Win 95, 98, 2000, XP etc? Is your taskbar on
If you right click on your desktop and go to properties, ensure "autohide" is not checked and ensure your taskbar is also ticked, " always on top"
The black border may be your screen needs degaussing - u should have a button on bottom of your monitor to do this - will make your screen go funny but should re-centre it - alternately, u may be able to right click on your desktop and left click "properties" then resize your screen by software.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page