Computer won't "wake up" always from sleep mode?????

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Computer won't "wake up" always from sleep mode?????
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Don on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

Hi I have my computer set to go to screen saver after about 3 min. then it is to go to sleep mode after l0 min. of non use. It is SUPPOSED to then display the desktop when I come back and move the mouse. Problem is, it won't always do this. You can move the mouse all over and the screen stays black. I end up having to shut it all off and then reboot and get that dreaded blue screen telling me windows has to be shut down properly.
Does this sound like a mouse problem or monitor or
worse, hard drive problem?????
I can't figure out why sometimes it comes back and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to matter how long, I've left it on overnight and come and moved the mouse and it has come up, I'm really confused.
Thanks!! Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Have you tried hitting the space bar?...
I had this problem and it turned out to be the mouse driver.
Try removing and replacing....or possibly upgrading it.
HTH

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page