Working around download problem

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Working around download problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Karen McCain on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 10:41 pm:

Concerning "workarounds": My computer will not let me click on a site address & download. I am "getting around it" by right-clicking & choosing "save target as" - save to desktop or briefcase,etc., & then I am able to download.
But does anyone have an opinion as to what my problem is?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Karen McCain on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 06:25 pm:

Now I have a worse problem! I put WebWasher on my computer & while it seemed to be working fairly well on preventing ads, it prevented me from using the "workaround" to download that I described. When I rightclick to get the "save target as" popup, instead a popup comes up saying something about the webwasher filter - this persists even tho I have removed WebWasher program. Help!

Karen McCain

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 08:20 am:

Karen, I would suggest reinstalling internet explorer. You should not have an issue left-clicking on a link.

As for web washer, did you uninstall it through add/remove programs?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page