How to print a very wide e-mail attachment?

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: How to print a very wide e-mail attachment?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
E-mail margins cut off both left and right sides  1   05/03 03:19am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pauline on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 04:35 pm:

Hi,
I hope someone will be able to help me. I just received an e-mail attachment that is wider than the 8 1/2 inch paper in my printer and I need to know how to be able to print it all out. I only get a part of it when I try to print it. Help!

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Pauline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 05:46 pm:

Pauline:

Is the attachment text? If so, highlight all of it by choosing Edit/ select all.

Then, open MS word or Wordpad, and click edit/paste.

This will make sure the text wordwraps at correct spacing to fit the width of a page.

I have experienced this problem several times at my place of employment. Common sense tells me there must be a better way to handle it, but as of yet, I don't know of another way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve C. on Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 04:00 pm:

Pauline,

Try changing your printer settings to print in landscape mode rather than portrait mode.

Also some printers let you shrink things, so check printer settings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

Ahh, good idea on the landscape. I can't believe I never thought of that. That tip will come in handy the next time one of my employers is bugging me to be able to print some silly joke email!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marten Koops on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 03:15 pm:

One neat little trick is to press control & use the scrollbar on your mouse. It will increase or decrease the font size. Marten

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page