Scandisk Error

TNC Discussion Board: Workarounds: Scandisk Error
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed on Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 09:42 pm:

When I try to run scandisk I receive the following message, SCANDSKW caused a segment not present fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:00001c33. Can anyone help me out? Thanks Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed on Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 11:35 am:

I am running Windows 98 and in SAFE MODE Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norma Morarie on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 12:54 am:

My disk defrag stops at 10%, then I get a message that programs running in the background are preventing defrag. How do I find the programs and how do I disable them until defrag is complete? Grateful for any help, Norma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 09:55 am:

You could reboot into safe mode (press F8 before windows starts to load), run scandisk, then reboot again normally. In safe mode nothing else will be running apart from your system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Matt on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:44 am:

Hi, i don't know if any body still uses this thread cause its a year old almost but i'm post a question anyway. I went and turned my computer on today, and my norton picked up a virus i think, and now when my computer gets halfway thought its boot up i get an error, saying something about my KRNL386.EXE file being missing or corrupted, and it says "System Halt", and it won't even boot up in Safe Mode or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this problem can be fixed. And if i can do it myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:34 pm:

The kernel is part of Windows, look after memory management and other stuff. Here's the error on the MS knowledge base:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;70467

If you want more info on any of the steps they suggest, let us know :)

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Matt on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:48 pm:

Does it matter that i have Windows ME? and i don't really understand the steps, like i don't know how Boot with clean AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files, i'm not very good with computers.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page