Adaptec cd "locked"

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Adaptec cd "locked"
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gary kendall on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 08:38 pm:

greetings, my adaptec cd locked up for some reason and I can't find any way to unlock it. this is stopping me from making copies of cd's with easy cd creator. the message says the burner,an iomega, is not accessible. run win. 98se with 256 ram. thanks in advance for your help. gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 02:16 am:

Hi Gary... haven't you posted here before? A while back maybe?

How do you mean it's locked up? Does it not open? Does the light come on at all? Does the light stay on?

When you boot your computer, can you open the tray before the computer boots into windows? Is the cdrom drive listed in my computer?

As much information as you can will let me help you.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gary kendall on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

yes Josh its me again. Ha! anyway I had a friend reload the os and cd burner software and no luck. apparently the disk is jammed. won't acknowlegde any other cd other than the one it broke down on so I can't make copies. so bought a new burner, sony 40-12-48, nice price, nice burner. thanks for responding. gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:14 am:

Nice to hear from you again Gary. Glad you went ahead and got one, I figured the drive had gone bad, but I didn't want to say that without knowing for sure!

Take care,

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page