Spool 32 error message

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Spool 32 error message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Spoolsv.exe  1   08/30 11:51pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gary thornton on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:17 pm:

I get this error message at least once a day or more when wanting to print. Not all the time, however. I must "reboot" and try again and it will work. Then it will reappear on something else. What is it and anyone know how I might correct it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 02:24 am:

There is perhaps something currupted in your printer installation.

Locate your printer software.

Click start/settings/printers.

Right-click on any printer in there and delete it.

Reboot. You should not get the error message.

Reinstall your printer software, reboot. You should not get the error message.

However, it could be something else, so please post back if that doesn't solve the problem and we will try a couple other things.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 11:58 pm:

How do you get rid of spoolsv.exe from coming up everytime I turn on my computer? It comes up in my zonealarm firewall and wants to connect to the internet but I always say no. Any Help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 12:56 pm:

This tells you about spoolsv.exe:
http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/Spoolsv.exe.php

If it's in windows/system32 directory, it's managing your fax, printer, etc. If it's somewhere else, it may be a virus.

Scan your system for viruses, make sure your antivirus tools are up to date first.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page