Error message

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Error message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Derichsweiler on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 09:59 pm:

I have MS Picture It Publishing Gold.(I have gone to their site and gotten no help from them)Every time I almost complete my project,and am ready to print,I get the error"program has performed an illeagle operation"I click ok and it shuts down.Can anyone tell me how to find what is causing this???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 12:44 am:

Mary, I used to have this same problem with MS Picture It Photo. My computer came with only 64mb of Random Access memorey (RAM) and after playing with multiple pictures in one session, I would get that same error message. I had an additional 128mb of RAM installed in my computer, giving me a total of 192mb. This cured my problem. There is something else you can try, go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup. Delete everything that is in there by putting a check by each subject. Click on each subject and it will tell you what kind of files you will be deleting. These items take up space in your RAM and will sometimes cause that error message and will also slow down your computer.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page