X Instead of picture

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: X Instead of picture
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Shift key is now toggle key......help!  2   09/28 04:30am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandie on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 05:34 pm:

I don't know what is causing it, but just lately when I load a page from the internet, often there are small red x were the picture should be. It is quite annoying, and I have no idea why it is happening all of a sudden.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

sandie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Phil on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

Sandie -- I don't know for a fact that this is the cause for those pesky "x's" but I have found that sometimes suspending my antivirus protection (I'm using Norton AntiVirus 2002) will allow the pictures to appear. THIS IS DANGEROUS though as you're left temporarily without virus protection until you reactivate it. There has to be another way around this but I don't know what else to do. Maybe someone else will have the answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandie on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:05 pm:

Thank you Phil, for taking the time to offer a suggestion.

I don't believe that is the problem simply because the antivirus program was running all along, and this is a fairly new development.

Cordially,
Sandie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

Sadie,

Go into Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced scroll down about 2/3 look for "Display Pictures". Putting a check in the box will display the pictures. That should fix it.

Hope this helps.

JOE

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page