Microsoft Word 97 - Can't Access

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Microsoft Word 97 - Can't Access
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elaine Farmer on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 07:29 pm:

Using Windows 98SE and Word 97. Sometimes, for several days at a time, I can't access My Documents folders - then things are ok again.
I click on a folder and get the message "Do you want to revert to the saved (whatever)?" Whether I click "yes" or "no," nothing happens. What's the solution?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 10:38 am:

This is the MS article on this error:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;200915
NOTE: All this link doesn't appear as "clickable" - make sure you copy and paste it right up to the end including the article number 200915.

"The Windows registry information for the Microsoft Word Document registered file type is incorrect."

It gives five ways to cure the problem, the last being to edit your registry. I'd avoid this method unless you're an expert! But the other four methods should be OK.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page