Serif Software

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Software concern: Serif Software
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paul Pogash on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

Has anyone used Serif PagePlus5, DrawPlus3, GraphicsPlus, 3DPlus or DrawPlus3?

I recently received a promotion granting me these Serif software packages for FREE. The add indicated that it was the best software in the UK, which outsold Microsoft utilities.

Our man JOE thought this forum would be the best place to obtain information from others who may have used or are using these utilities. Granted some may be in direct conflict with similar Newbie club products, however, I believe that the Newbie club products can only enhance the use of these utility's.

So, anyone out there have any experience with these products?

Thanks for listening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

I've downloaded some of the other Serif freebies, but not PagePlus simply because I got a copy of MS Publisher with my first PC and have never bothered to change. I did use PagePlus on a college course several years ago, and I think that Publisher and PagePlus are both good for standard DTP work. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of the latest version, then the free version will be fine to start you off.

Do you want to ask any specific questions about using the program?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paul Pogash on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 09:35 pm:

Thanks dreuby for responding.
No, at this time I don't have and questions. However, as this may be the latest version(?) with the bells and whistles in tact of
PagePlus5, I may in the future.
My guess is that Serif is trying to breakin to the market on this side of the pond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

The latest version of PagePlus is (I think) v8, unless 9 has already been released. I think their plan is that you'll try the older version, and decide to upgrade to a later version. It's probably a good plan, because not many of us like to spend money when we don't know anything about the product.

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paul Pogash on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 10:32 pm:

Thanks Dianne, I agree with you that their latest promotion would not include their most up to date product(s) for free. I just had to pose the question as I had no knowledge of the company.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page