How do I convert WordPerfect5.1-dos documents to MSWord2000?

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: How do I convert WordPerfect5.1-dos documents to MSWord2000?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patije on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

Hard Drive failure in Feb 2003, caused the reinstallation of Windows 98 (by Gateway as it was when I bought it in 2000 and it was up to me to reinstall software updates and hardware.) They did reinstall MS Word2000 for Windows but did not put in the "conversion" software for MSWord to recognize WordPerfect & other text. My licensed copy of MSWord2000 remains missing.
I have many documents in WordPerfect 5.1-Dos and need to convert them to MS Word2000. Since reinstallation, I get error message telling me the "conversion software" is not installed. If I'd like to install it, I need the Word2000 installation disk.

Where can I get the free conversion which is supposed to be on the installation disk which is missing? Or how can I get a WordPerfect conversion to enable me to use with MSWord2000?

I couldn't find it on the Microsoft web page.

Can someone help me?

Gateway Pentium3; 384.0 MB RAM; 60Gb + Hard Drive Windows 98 Second Edition, 4.10.2222 A

Thanks!

Patijé

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

I've answered this in the "workaraounds" - didn't see it here till afterwards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patije on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 05:12 am:

thanks, but I could not find anything except "patches" I did try the one I thought was the right one and got the error message:

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, you might try the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page."

went back and tried over and over and over and came to same end each time.

Patije
Patije@att.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page