DLL error message - What is DLL

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: DLL error message - What is DLL
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mark Kauchak on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

I have used MS Frontpage before on my computer. Now when I try to open it I get an error message that says- "Frontpge has caused an error in MFC42.DLL. Tru restarting your computer."

I did that and nothing happened. I ran Norton Utility WinDoctor and nothing happened although it did find some other problems and fixed them.

Is the problem with Frontpage or my computer? Any ideas what needs to be fixed? What is a DLL file?

Thanks for your help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:38 am:

I think the link below will help you/

http://www.webattack.com/help/missingfiles.html

Let us know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mark on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:56 am:

Thanks for the advice. I went to the site and they had several versions of the MFC42.DLL available - must be a common problem? Not knowing which version to use I will probably use the most recent version.

The only question I have is I don't know where to save the file to. Is there a dll folder on my computer?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 09:13 pm:

I think that, if you just open the file, it will download and be picked up by your installer. The installer should choose the appropriate path, etc, and handle it for you.

That's how I have done things like this several times.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page